- Our website: self-catering Lochearnhead, Perthshire
Tariff Per week:
- high season £350 - £375
- Low season £280 - £300
- Two bedrooms, 1 double and 1 bunk room (2 beds).
- Comfortable lounge/dining area with log effect electric fire.
- A fully equipped kitchen.
- Car park
- Satellite freeview TV
- Shower/toilet room.
- Garden area & furniture
- It is fully heated with electric wall heaters run on a meter system taking £1 coins.
- All linen and towels are provided along with complimentary tea and coffee.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome
Lochearnhead is at the east end of Loch Earn and at the southern end of Glen Ogle - Queen Victoria called it Scotland 's Kyber Pass !
The village has a local shop/post office and restaurants offering meals for most tastes or you could choose to eat at Mansewood
Not far behind the cabin is the old Callander to Oban railway track-bed which now carried a cycleway from Callander to Killin at Loch Tay. To the east is Loch Earn, a mecca for watersports where a watersport centre can provide equipment and advice..
Within very easy reach of your cabin there is a range of walks for all abilities and many places of interest, for example:
- Rob Roy's grave at Balquhidder
- Killin's Breadalbane visitor centre
- Drummond castle gardens
- Falls of Leny
- Finlarig and Menzies castles
- The west Highland railway to Oban and Fort William
- The GlenOgle trail, Kirkton Glen at Balquhidder and Glen Ample are fairly easy walks without any climbing
- Ben Vorlich, Stuc a Chroin, Ben More, Stobinian and Ben Lawers are among the well known 'Munros' within 20 minutes drive, the first two within walking distance.
Phone: 01567 830213
Contact Person: John Stephens
- Street: Mansewood Country House - Log Cabin
- Postcode: FK19 8NS
- State: Stirlingshire FK19 8NS
- Country: United Kingdom